Jill has an article in the July/Aug 2013 issue (water safety) and the Jan/Feb 2012 issue (shift work and parenting) of Brockville, Ontario’s backpack magazine.
For the e-versions of this issues magazine, click here.
Jill’s written oodles of Books for Young People reviews for Quill and Quire.
Here are a few:
- Carson Crosses Canada and My Canada: An Illustrated Atlas, reviewed in the June 2017 issue of Q&Q.
- Urban Tribes: Native Americans in the City, reviewed in the Dec. 2015 issue of Q&Q.
- Sex Is a Funny Word, reviewed in the Sept. issue of Q&Q.
- Power Up: A Visual Exploration of Energy, reviewed in the May 2015 issue of Q&Q.
- Scot Ritchie’s book Look at That Building! A First Book of Structures from the Nov. 2011 issue of Q&Q.
- Torn from Troy: Odyssey of a Slave by Patrick Bowman, reviewed in the May 2011 issue of Q&Q.
- Five Thousand Years of Slavery by Marjorie Gann and Janet Willen, reviewed in the Jan. 2011 issue of Q&Q
- Rona Arato’s On a Medieval Day: Story Voyages from Around the World is reviewed in the Sept. 2010 issue of Q&Q.
- We Want You to Know: Kids Talk About Bullying by Deborah Ellis, reviewed in the April 2010 issue of Q&Q.