Committed to Projects
Jill’s 24 years’ experience in publishing means she’s adept at editing a project management in a wide range of subject areas. Science, language arts, history, social studies, mathematics are all areas she’s worked in — from Kindergarten to Grade 12.
Tackling challenging manuscripts in need of substantial revisions is her specialty.
Jill’s editorial skills include the following:
- Developmental Editing
- Substantive Editing
- Stylistic Editing
- Production Editing
- Project Management
- Manuscript Evaluation
For full definitions of editorial skills see this page on the Editors’ Association of Canada’s website.
List of Educational Publishing Clients:
- Clarity Content Services, Toronto, Ontario
- First Folio Resource Group Inc., Toronto, Ontario
- Harcourt Canada, Toronto, Ontario
- McGraw-Hill Ryerson, Whitby, Ontario
- Oxford University Press, Don Mills, Ontario
- Pearson Education, Don Mills, Ontario
- Perimeter Institute, Waterloo, Ontario
- Pronk & Associates, Toronto, Ontario
- Scholastic Education, Markham, Ontario
- Thomson Nelson, Scarborough, Ontario
While I was Science Publisher at McGraw-Hill Ryerson, I had the good fortune to hire Jill Bryant as a Developmental Editor and Features Writer on the SciencePower series. Jill fulfilled her roles in an exemplary manner. She also worked as Project Manager on a complex, multi-author Grade 12 Physics project, which benefited tremendously from her superb organizational, editorial, and interpersonal skills. Jill is a multi-talented professional who always gets the job done well–on time and on budget.
Jill has always been one of the top freelance writer/editors that I used. She is thorough in her editorial work and creative as a writer. Her ability and commitment to working within the client’s guidelines also makes her a top-rated freelancer. Jill’s range of content knowledge and understanding of children are key strengths that mean she can tackle just about anything. Having Jill on a project is always a plus.