- This book received 3-1/2 stars out of 4 in this “Highly Recommended” March 7, 2014 review by Julie Chychota in CM: Canadian Review of Materials published by The Manitoba Library Association. Click here to read this comprehensive review.
- Leanne Lieberman’s blog includes a short review here. Scroll down to find the cover image in this December 2013 blog posting.
- The book received 3-1/2 stars out of 4 in this highly favourable January 21, 2011 review by Julie Chychota in CM: Canadian Review of Materials published by The Manitoba Library Association. Click here to read this comprehensive review.
- Sal’s Fiction Addiction is a blog written by a retired teacher-librarian with a passion for quality books for children. In this review Sal notes that the stories are told “with reverence and clarity” and calls the book “a shining example.” She confesses that it “is another of those books that teaches me something I didn’t know.” Read her review here.
- The Waterloo Public Library gives Dazzling Women Designers a mention here.
- The publisher’s website with a lovely page about Dazzling Women Designers is just a click away: here.
Annick Press, © 2006
- The November 2006 issue of Quill & Quire: Canada’s Magazine of Book News and Reviews featured a favourable review by Phillippa Sheppard. She calls it a “dynamic guide” that is “bursting with good ideas.” Sheppard points out that “even very small children can get involved,” because the suggested activities put safety first. Read her full review posted here.
- The book received a rockin’ 4 stars out of 4 in this highly favourable November 24, 2006 review by Barb Taylor in CM: Canadian Review of Materials published by The Manitoba Library Association. Taylor writes: “Readable, enjoyable, practical and informative, Backyard Circus is an excellent classroom resource and reading book. There are certainly enough roles included to involve all members of a class or even a whole school.” This review is available here.
- The Annick Press webpage for Backyard Circus is here.
Making Shadow Puppets
Kids Can Press, © 2002
- You gotta love CM for their comprehensive reviews. See Deborah Mervold’s review of Making Shadow Puppets here.
- The February 2002 Quill & Quire review of Amazing Women Athletes, written by Wendy A. Lewis, is here. She says “This well-written collection, which includes photographs, informative sidebars, and a bibliography of sources, web sites, and suggested further reading, will be a valuable addition to school library collections.”
- There is a review of Amazing Women Athletes in CM.
- The publisher’s webpage for Amazing Women Athletes is here.
The Wilderness Cookbook: A Guide to Good Food on the Trail
Second Story Press, © 1999
- Quill & Quire published a wonderful review of The Wilderness Cookbook in October 1999. Find it here.
- There were oodles of fabulous reviews in various newspapers (The Guelph Mercury, The Daily News, Cape Breton Post, The North Halton Compass), backpacking magazines (Kanawa, Summer 2000), and newsletters (Daytripping in Midwestern Ontario, Bruce Trail News).